Think about it. It's going to be the best vacation. Just me and my Fiance and my family...in Phoenix!
Imma show him what I like about Phoenix, the people. The good people not the scary ones in gangs.
And Imma make him watch "A Christmas Story."
He's excited to meet my family and sit and talk with them.
I'm excited for the weather and seeing everyone and the weather.
I haven't been home or with my family for Thanksgiving since my freshman year of college.
Anyways thinking about making him watch "A Christmas Story" made me think of my favorite holiday (Well I also love the 4th of July I would say Christmas is like a standard favorite and then 4th of July) Christmas is my favorite holiday.
|Tyler at Christmas one year. This picture is hilarious.|
Yeah and it made me want to make a list of media I love about Christmas
- A Christmas Story ~ So my family loves this movie. It's on for 24 hours on Christmas Eve and Day. We pretty much have it on all day. Probably the funniest Christmas movie ever and it's funny every time, even if you watch it over and over for 24 hours. Though I won't say it's a deal breaker if he doesn't like A Christmas Story, I really hope he likes it. It's not a huge deal my sisters-in law don't like it actually.
- Amy Grant's "A Christmas Album" ~ Best Christmas Album Ever. This is also from my childhood. Man how can you not love the way everything blends together on that album? Unfortunately no one ever knows what I'm talking about when I mention this. Ok Amy Grant's Little Town, wow you'll never want to sing Oh Little Town of Bethlehem the original way again.
- Muppet Christmas Carol ~ Yeah pretty much a classic what more can I say. You gotta love Gonzo and Rizo.
- Charlie Brown Christmas ~ Duh Don't you always try to copy the Charlie Brown kids when they sing Hark the Herald Angels Sing and tilt your head way back so your mouth takes up your whole face?...oh you don't? Well you should, I do.
- Elf ~ Besides the fact that Zoey Deschenel (No I'm not sure of the spelling) is amazing, this movie is hilarious. So so funny. Man so funny.
- White Christmas~ Holiday Classic! I always imagined my sisters and I singing the Sisters song. We have a tradition of watching this every year too.
- The Merry Christmas Polka cassette~ Come on and dance the Merry Christmas Polka...find this song and love it. Or else...
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever- really funny book
- The Lump of Coal- so this is a little book by Lemony Snicket it's really funny. Read it.
- Baby it's Cold Outside- I love this duet Adrian is going to learn more than just "Baby it's cold outside" for his part and then we'll sing it with each other, because I love it.
What are your fave Christmas things?