Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Friday, December 24, 2010
Thursday, December 2, 2010
I'm very frustrated and unhappy. So I probably won't post a lot I just wanted to let you know that I hate I Hate I HATE Peter Pan. And by Peter Pan I mean the end of this semester and school.
Please pray for me.
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Friday, November 12, 2010
Monday, November 8, 2010
- 2 bananas
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 head of green lettuce
- 3 or 4 apples
- 1 bag of brown sugar
- 1 gallon of milk
- 1 8-pack of turkey hot dogs
- 2 canisters of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 15-16 chicken legs (can't wait to fry them)
- 1 frozen juice concentrate
- 1 box of margarine
View our shopping route in a larger map
Friday, November 5, 2010
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Monday, November 1, 2010
- It's with my family
- It's with a very, dear, dear, dear friend
- It's someone telling me I won a billion dollars
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Madalynn, today is your day of birth. YAY Happy Birthday now stop growing. There's no way you can be 15 already. I still think of you as a 7 year old.
Lindsey I'm sorry your post is a day late, I was busy since 4:38 yesterday morning. But I did text you a lot to tell you about Happy Birthday so that means I was thinking of you.
- She would always pretend to be my dog when we played house type games
- she wouldn't let our older brothers pick on me...most of the time
- If some one told her they didn't like me she would defend me, even if we had just been in a fight (yes this actually happened) (probably more than once)
- She would let me come over all the time my first summer in Utah and stay with her.
- She would always make me food too.
- She's awesome HELLOOO Just talk to her for like 5 seconds and that's totally apparent
- She made me live in P5 where I got to meet Shirley on of the best roommates of all time.
- She is in Law School. I know you're jealous that my sister is smarter than yours.
- the moooooooooon (bahaha)
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Well anyways I'm probably just procrastinating right now and I shouldn't be.
Tomorrow I'm going to Death Valley. When I told the boys in my physics group that one of them said "I'm afraid for you." haha so funny.
Here's a joke they told: Why was the skier crying? Because he got hit in the face with a snowball.
It's funny because it's not funny and dumb that someone would actually publish that in a joke book. Hahaha.
Ok and when that guy left he was like "Bye Alicia. Don't die in Death Valley."
I said I would try not to.
Monday, October 11, 2010
Sunday, October 3, 2010
I actually had one of those moments on my way to class the other day. I don't know why I was thinking of this but I was. So I thought about how grateful I am for the Atonement because with out it i would be utterly hopeless. I'd have no hope that I could live with my family for eternity, and no hope to see my Heavenly Father's smiling face. But we do have the Atonement and I'm so happy for it. It gives me hope by allowing me to repent and correct my course through life. It helps me to live through trials. Knowing that our Savior has born our griefs and sorrows is a great comfort. We can pray and be comforted during times of confusion and hurt. And it is such a great thing to know that and be able to feel it everyday. It brings me hope for my future and the futures of my kids (which I don't have but will someday). It Let's me be a happy person over all. (because I still have momentary bouts of sadness or anger)
I am so happy for the Hope and Joy that my faith brings me! Yay!
Friday, October 1, 2010
Friday, September 24, 2010
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
I actually wasn't very excited to turn 22 because really it just means you're officially an adult. After 21, there isn't anything legally I can't do because of my age, (that I'm aware of) except maybe rent a car. But that's not a big deal really.
- Go kayaking
- LICK a Tootsie Pop to the center (possibly count the licks)
- Build a telescope
- Design and Make my own article of clothing
- Tour the East Coast (from Florida to Maine)*
- Sit in on a session of Congress
- Go to Harry Potter World/ Watch the entire (both parts) 7th Harry Potter Movie
- Hike Mount Timpanogos (not sure of spelling)
- Walk on a Glacier
- Do 100 hours of service
- Bike some significant distance (like a century that isn't mountain biking)
- Visit all the temples in Utah
- Read the Holy Bible cover to cover
- Build an Igloo
- Eat sushi
- Take a picture EVERYDAY
- Write in my Journal EVERYDAY
- Leave the country
- Take a backpacking trip
- Catch a fish
Ok since I last posted I...
- quit my job at the MTC (sweet freedom)
- Got a job doing early morning custodial on campus
- Started the semester with 20.5 credits
- Started today by dropping a credit (goodbye Chem 107)
- Went on a two week geology camp for one of my classes 2 weeks before the semester started
- Applied for a tutoring job (fingers crossed)
My brother Aaron (mentioned in the post before) Got married!! On me mum's birthday!
It was super awesome and exciting and now I have a new sister (Korina) and a neice and nephew (Shiane and Kyle). Yeah!! They are awesome and such a cute little family.
Now for the bad news...Pretty sure I'm having a nervous breakdown. How can school already be so stressful when we've only been in for a week? It's totally uncool. This is part of the reason I dropped Chem 107. Another reason being that they wanted me to pay $40 to join a website and guess who doesn't have the money. Um oh yeah, me. Not working for a month and a half but still paying bills will make you poorer than Anne. (probably no one will get that joke but it's from french class in high school; "Pauvre Anne").
Cha I need a big huge chocolate cake please. With Reese's baked into it. Oh my that sounds too good to be true.
Ok Imma post something happy now.
Saturday, July 17, 2010
But I wanted to add to that blog post she wrote.
Aaron is my big big brother I say big big because I have to big brothers and he's the oldest, not because I think he is fat or something, because he's not.
Anyways I thought I would just share some memories and things about Aaron with you.
When I was younger I always thought Aaron and I had a special bond because both of our names started with the letter A. Also for 7 years we were the bookends of the children in the family.
You may have read Lindsey's story about when I had the chicken pox and Aaron bought me a cd. What Lindsey didn't include was that Aaron not only bought me a cd he bought me a COUNTRY cd. Aaron hated country then (he tolerates it a little more now) It really meant a lot to me because I thought I was dieing. Though it seemed like I wasn't grateful at the time because I was so sick, I do remember asking him to put it in my discman for me though.
Some of my favorite memories are with Aaron. I liked that we could just chill and it was nice. Aaron would take me with him to see movies and out to eat. Even still he does when I come home from college to visit. Quite fun.
Yeah, I remember too this one time I was really young. I don't even remember what mall we were at but I got lost from my family and Aaron came back and found me. Pretty sure I was crying, but I was so happy to find him. And he was just happy to have found me. Probably no one remembers that but me.
Also my brother is very overprotective of me. Which is nice to know.
Anyways I'm not very eloquent but I just want to say, I love you Aaron, you're the best! Thank you for always being there for me and for caring. Thanks for the example you've set. I love you so much and I'm excited to come home for your wedding!
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Ok sorry for this not being every week but here it is the whole shebang about my friend Shirley. Her answer is bolded and when Allan tried to answer for her it is italicized. Also thanks Lindsey for your help. Also it won't let me upload any pictures right now so sorry your blog post is not as cool Shirley.
What is your full name? Shirley (she told me her whole first name but for safety I will only put her first name)
2. When is your birthday? June 7
3. If there was a zombie velociraptor apocalypse what would you do? I would cry, I’m not gonna lie. I’d freak out.
4. What is your favorite color? Green, definitely.
5. Favorite movie? The Princess Diaries, or Josie and the Pussycats
6. Favorite Book? Um… the one about artichokes… Allen- goodnight moon. Shirley- Fox in Socks!
7. What is your favorite food? Allen- beans Shirley- no, chicken sopes. You can’t just eat one.
8. What was your favorite TV show as a younger person? Allen- Saved by the Bell Shirley- Oh yeah. I don’t think there is an episode I haven’t watched, and both movies. I like how Slater was Italian and then he became Mexican.
9. What is your major? Math Education
10. Where are you from? Originally Azuza, CA. A to Z in the USA. (Aztecs for life!)
11. What do you like to do for fun? Laugh, and cry when I laugh. That is pretty much the funnest thing ever. And play Harry Potter Clue.
12. Favorite Band? I have a top three. Not in any particular order: Coldplay, Dashboard Confessional, and U2 surprisingly.
13. Favorite Sculpture? (Weird confused look.) Sculpture? The one on campus with the kids. Or the Indian, that one is pretty weird.
14. Favorite Architecture? The Getty Museum Allen- I thought you were going to say the San Diego Temple. Shirley- I like it, but I’ve never been so mesmerized by architecture until I went to the Getty Museum. It’s so aesthetically pleasing. When you look at it, it makes you happy.
15. Which Ninja Turtle Would you be? Which one had nun chucks? (Michelangelo) Him.
16. If you could be a character on any TV show who/what would you be? Either Phoebe just because she is so funny or Pam just because she has Jim.
17. If you could date any celebrity who would you date? Chris Pine
18. Two historical dates? The day my parents met, I think that would be interesting to see; and, what else is interesting about history (Lindsey judged her)? I would go to… I don’t know, I can’t make a decision… when Martin Luther King, Jr. gave his “I Have a Dream” speech. Or when they sign the Declaration of Independence.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
My brother is getting married Sat. His fiance his flippin' awesome! Her name is Jessica and she's really cute and cool and she went to BYU and graduated and is a teacher now in AZ and she came to my 21st BDay party with Tyler in Provo so it was awesome. And now we are going to be sisters forever (wahahaha yep you're stuck with me Jessica)..SO here's a list of things from our childhood of things that are either funny or good. but after rereading the list I think I just wanted to take a stroll down memory lane since we're all growing up now... But it's a good thing because I get a new sister! :)
- Aloe Vera and the neighbor's house
- Boxing with mittens and sleeping bags
- clown makeup (with the horse...)
- "MMMRRHMM" (whilst shaking fist)
- "Mom can I use my new shampoo?"
- "Mortos, You Die!!"
- Scott Kills
- Lehi's Vision
- New Years FHE
- Our copy of the illustrated Book of Mormon from which we would put on scripture plays for our family
- Penny Hunting so we could buy things from the Leslie Pool store
- Teaching me the 9th Article of Faith
- Death of a Tyler
- "Dance do do do do Dance..."
- ironically named laughing contests
- "ya ya ya big baaby"
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Some things I'm really grateful for that my Mother taught me:
- The Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ
- To take responsibility for my actions
- How to fold fitted sheets
I have to go now because I'm at work, But I love you Mommy. You're the best!!
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
So actually my blogging is postponed until after finals and such because I'm super busy. I know you think I'm lame for starting a weekly thing and then not even doing it two weeks in a row. Well get over it it's my blog and I can do whatever I want with it. People have thought I'm lame before and they will think me lame in the future I just don't really car though. Wish me luck on finals and such. (Especially the 10 page paper I have to write tonight!) Love etc, Alicia
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
So you're all excited aren't you, to meet my friend Jenna Perry!? Well you should be because this will be awesome.
- Hometown: Phoenix, Arizona
- Birthday: February 3, 1989
- Major: Humanities with a Minor in French
- Hair: Red
- Color: Green ... no Blue! (actually it's green)
- Food: Samoa Ice Cream and Orange Sherbyt (bahahaha)
- Movie: Casablanca and A Streetcar Named Desire
- Book: Les Miserables
- Band: Muse
- Sculpture: Michelangelo's Pieta
- Architecture: the Brooklyn Bridge
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Because when I think of March I think of Saint Patrick's Day and when I think of good ol' St Patty I think of Flogging Molly which makes me think of 2 things; awesome music, and dancing!
So the challenge this month is to dance. Yep Dance. It's one of the funnest things ever to turn on music when you are alone and just dance by yourself in a room. I've been enjoying this activity as long as I could remember. I would dance to the soundtrack of "The Women in Red." I've never seen that movie but for some reason my family had the soundtrack, and I had a whole dance worked out to the main song. I would also dance to my mom's tapes she used to sell, I'm not sure what they're called but they were for kids and there were fun songs to dance to like "See Me Run" and the ballet one. I was also quite fond of Sesame Street ABC's.
Anyways more specifically the challenge is to dance for 15 minutes a week. I really don't think that's hard. So pretty much you have to do it. You'll see it's the most fun thing ever.
Anyways I succeeded in my February challenge. But some of you didn't. That's ok because I epic failed January.
All right now I have to go study for Chemistry...
Friday, February 26, 2010
here is the url: http://adventuresofajoyousnature.blogspot.com
Below is the post of my new direction:
I decided I want to take this blog in a new direction. I'll turn it into a gratitude blog, where I'll try everyday to post one thing I'm grateful for. I won't necessarily write something about it but there it will be. Maybe a picture too from time to time or a video.
click HERE to watch a video about why Relief Society is AWESOME!
What are you Grateful for?
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Friday, February 19, 2010
1. If I could medal in an olympic event it would be the ski jumping one. It looks so awesome, but I don't know it's actual name.