Sunday, August 14, 2016

Phoenix, Arizona

Ok, if you didn't know, now you do, I'm from Phoenix.

Most of my family is still there.

But despite that, I have a goal of never living there again.

IT'S SO HOT THERE!

And you're going to be like "Oh but it's a dry heat!" 

And then I'm going to have to punch you in the throat.

You don't understand. 

I don't care if you've been there and you're like "The humidity is worse."

I really don't.

It's hot. It's hot there 24/7. It doesn't even cool down at night. It's still 100F at 2 in the morning. By 9 am it's already 95F on a good day. On a horrible day it will already be 100F by 9am.

I've been to the humid places. I mean, I've been to the equator (though I will qualify that I was there in the 'winter' so it wasn't as humid as it normally gets) and I would take that any day over the sweltering oven inferno that is Phoenix, AZ. To me living in an oven is worse than living in a slow cooker.

(And when I get hot I hate everything and everyone and it's the absolute worst.

I realized this at church today because it was so hot there. I was sitting there and I was sweating and fanning myself and trying to avoid holding my child on my lap because I was so hot. And I was just mad. I just hated it. So yes it did take me 28 years to realize why I hate the heat. Probably because I was too hot to try to figure it out before.)

Anyways, last week I went to Phoenix because my dear older sister was getting married.

She got married in the Phoenix, Arizona temple. (So beautiful btw). And then her reception was outside! 
Lindsey and Austin after getting married! And probably like "It's so hot!"

I love my sister. This is how you know:
  1. I went to Arizona in the summer.
  2. I helped set up the outside reception.
  3. I didn't stand in front of the giant fans the entire time at the reception.
  4. I helped clean up the reception.
ALL IN THE SWELTERING HEAT!

It seemed so much worse this year than ever, probably because I've been gone for almost a decade.

But I love my sister and the reception was actually really nice and lovely. And I like her husband too. He is good and they are good together. Oh and I got to do the flowers again. So I liked that. And it was nice to see my family. 

But I love them more in the winter than in the summer.*

 No but seriously, I was so happy I could go and they could get married and everything worked out. It was really fun!

*Depending on my location

3 comments:

Helen said...

And it was really wonderful having you home. Aren't you glad that we fixed the AC before you got here? Her flowers came out beautifully!

Helen said...

Also, you need to add 3winks to your blog list. Docface's Place is really old.

Ruth said...

So glad you were able to be there. I think when you live there all the time you warm up gradually till it's summer. But preheating eventually ends up heating and....lol. So happy you all survived and it was lovely! I noticed how ALL the blogs on the side bar are old. You are giving me the idea that perhaps I should write again!