Thursday, October 30, 2008

Books

So a bit ago I asked you all for book suggestions of what I should read, and I'm still composing that list so I'm not posting that yet. But I decided I would post books that would be on my list had I not read them already that I think y'all should read. Some are great Lit and others are just enjoyable as a story.
  • The Book of Mormon
  • Gone With The Wind
  • The Wizard of oz (whole series)
  • Harry Potter (whole series)
  • Night by Elie Weisel
  • Tom Sawyer
  • Huck Finn
  • Candide
  • Cry the Beloved Country
  • Treasure Island
  • Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging
  • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (whole series except the 4th which I don't have yet)
  • Little Women
  • Teen Angst
  • Heart of Darkness
  • Metomorphosis

There is more but I'm tired and I can't think right now Probably you've already read a lot of these but I like them.

4 comments:

Docface said...

I just read a book that Madalynn suggested to me. It is called "Life as We Knew It." (HOw do you underline on this comment section?) It is really written for teens or young adults. But, she kept talking about it and I finally read it and I really liked it. It is about an asteroid hitting the moon and moving it closer to the earth. It, of course, caused all kinds of natural calamities. The book is written in the style of a 16 year old girl writing in her journal. It has made me think more about my own preparedness for the unexpected and how we would survive if we had the same sort of thing happen to us. While I was reading the book, it was hard to keep myself in reality when I stopped and not put myself into survival, keep my family alive, mode. You should read it.

Anonymous said...

ya, i looked outside once at night while i was reading and was like "hey, the moon is back to normal. how'd i miss that?"

Unknown said...

Do you own a copy of "The Great Divorce?" Its by CS Lewis
The provo library doesn't have it, even though they say they do.

Anonymous said...

another good, but short, book is A Dog's Life: Autobiography of a Stray. that dog probably has the most depressing life ever