Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Drums Keep Pounding a Rhythm to the Brain

La di da di dee La di da di daah

Funny story I had to sing "The Beat Goes On" for a music program when I was in the 4th grade I think it was. I also sang "Let's go to the Hop" (oh baby) and "Eddie Cootchacatchakamatosanearatosanoka Sammy Kammy Wacky Brown" (correct spelling? probably not but you get the point...).

Anyways...school is going and time runs faster than I can or even want to since I hate running. I was looking back at my grades and my best semester was the one where I had the most emotional roller-coaster. Because when my social life goes to pot I throw myself into my school work.

Is it bad to wish that my social life goes to pot? Probably is...

I'm in this adolescence development class. I don't really like it that much because it forces me to think about my adolescence and I don't like to.

Yesterday we talked about bullying. They had me share a time when I was bullied or had an experience with it and all I could think at first was "Which should I tell?" Because kids loved to pick on me when I was little. I'm not saying this to make you feel bad for me because I actually find these stories pretty funny now.

so I find this picture hilarious because the kid bullying doesn't seem to be that into it
I shall share one with you.
In the 5th grade I would walk home from school. One day this girl comes up to me and starts threatening me and yelling and stuff.

I was confused I didn't know what I did to her.

And then she tells me to leave her brother alone. I was even more confused. She said her brother's name was Jesse. I didn't even know a guy named Jesse. I said "I don't know your brother!" This girl is in the 6th grade I guess and taller and stronger than me. Though, I'm pretty sure I could have taken her because I was a bit more round than she and I could have used my momentum to overtake her.

I digress...

Anyways I told my mom of course and my mom said I couldn't hit her first, but if she hit me then I could hit her back. Self-defense you know. She unfortunately never hit me and never got what was coming to her. Because, yes, I really wanted to punch that girl.

It turns out that Jesse had either made up this story that I was bothering him at school or that she got the wrong girl to torment. And Jesse and I later became "friends". But not real friends.

Oh adolescence you were so strange to me.

3 comments:

Bekah said...

You make me belly laugh...that's right...belly laugh. I miss you. When is sushi happening?

kelzone said...

i love that your mom told you you could hit her back. i totally would have provoked her into hitting me if i had your mom. my mom would never let me hit anyone back.

Anonymous said...

really?