Sunday, May 8, 2011

Tom

I also need to write you a poem about my friend Tom, who is my best friend, because today is his birthday.

I told him it's funny that his birthday is on Mother's day because he wouldn't have been born without a mother.  He didn't think it was very clever.  And actually his birthday has been on mother's day before.  

Anyways.  Here is 

An Ode to Thomas: a Haiku
by Alicia M Reynolds

You are my best friend
And will be until the end
Refrigerator.

Haha that was just a joke one to make him be like "Wow thanks for that.  It was really sweet..." but then he'd be like rolling his eyes or something.  

Here's a real one, another acrostic.

THOMAS
by Alicia M Reynolds

Thomas is my best friend
Has the whitest/straightest teeth
Overshadows my hilarity with his
Makes me smile when I'm feeling blue
Always shares everything with me
Super totally awesome and smart

Dear Thomas, I love you too.  Happy Birthday.  I hope you saw a cow today and thought of a birthday card.  But really thanks for cheering me up.  I think I'll get you some furry pants for your birthday.  

So if you noticed I'm not the best at writing poetry but at least it comes from the heart right?

No comments: