Monday, May 16, 2011

Why I Am the Way I Am

So after I posted yesterday I read my journal.  And I found out what made me the way I am.  Haha.  What I mean is I found the first entry of my first fight with a friend.

See popular media may have you believing that young girls can be best friends in groups of three, but that is a lie.  Two of those girls are always going to be better friends than the three of them together meaning one girl is going to be left out.  Sometimes those other two girls will get mad at the third girl and cause drama.  But they won't tell her why.  And as they get into high school it just gets worse.  Sigh

Of course girls being the way they are so young and stuff, don't understand the value of talking problems out.  Maybe even as we get older we can't see the value of such things.  I have this theory.  You know how there's this stereotype that women always want to talk about their feelings and the relationship, and men never want to.  Totally false.  Yeah Women like to talk way too much but it's mostly about nothing, things that don't really matter or that they shouldn't be talking about in the first place.  But never the important things.  We figure a man should know why I'm angry "It's obvious what you've done wrong isn't it?"  

Ladies I'm here to tell you it's not.  How do I know?  Because I've often been that person in these groups of three of friends.  The other two are mad at me and I have no idea why.  This is how I learned to just tell people what I'm thinking if they ask or if something is really bothering me.  

This also is how I learned that I don't care what people think of me.  Though that took a lot longer.  (You know what high school is a scary place)  I only care what God thinks of me.  And my family.  And sometimes the guy I like.  In that order.  But no one else really.

And not caring, as long as I believe God is happy with what I'm doing, helps me to be happy.  Because I used to worry so much about what other people thought I was very unhappy.  It's very stressful trying to please everyone.  Just be yourself.  That's why people will like you.

Anyways, that's why I'm way more chill now than I ever was before and I can be a bit more crazy at times.  But it's the life I live.  And I love it.  And I love you.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Great thoughts and I love that you have reached that conclusion! I think you are awesome. (I know you do too! lol)