Monday, March 28, 2011

Compassion Over Fear

Today I was invited to an event on Facebook.  It's called Compassion Over Fear and it's to help raise money for a victim of extreme abuse.

I am attending this event and I would like to invite you all to attend this event too.

I don't know the person they're raising the money for, and I probably never will, but I believe that it's for a good cause.  

I believe that this is a way that we can help her feel loved and happy.  Maybe provide hope for her future.  


that is their website blog and it can explain better than I can what this is all about.  

Please  check it out.  Spread the word.  




So I guess I want to say something more but I'm having trouble phrasing it.  So please bear with me.

When I read the description of the event and the blog I was really touched I kind of wanted to cry.  Child abuse or abuse of any kind is something that has really pulled on my heartstrings.  Why or how can people  be so mean and cruel to other people?  It really breaks my heart.  I just want to take the person and hug them and let them know everything is going to be all right.  

Abuse is real and it's scary and no one ever deserves to be abused.  Please don't turn the other way if you see this is going on.  Help.

Here's a link to the national domestic abuse website.  You can find phone numbers there and other sources of aid.  


So I really am happy that I know people who are so willing to give and help those in need.  I think it's a really great cause.  Please check it out.

I love you all and wish you the best.



~Alicia

No comments: